This month's Glamour magazine took a sneak peek behind the scenes and into celeb's hair and beauty secrets by asking their make-up artists and hairstylists for their tips. Here's a short extract from the magazine, which also has the secrets of Julia Stiles, Anne Hathaway and a few others -
Molly R.Stern gave away some of Reese Witherspoon's, with whom she's worked, make-up secrets. "She’s comfortable with herself and isn’t putting on makeup to look like somebody else,” says the CoverGirl makeup artist. That realness was apparent the night Witherspoon, 31, won her Oscar. “Former winners kept coming up to congratulate her, and she’d get excited like a 13-year-old—she’s not jaded.”
Exactly what to do:
1. Put concealer wherever you’re dark or red.
2. Blend rosy cream blush on cheeks and top with shimmery powder (Stern used CoverGirl TruBlend Luminous Loose Powder, $7).
3. Smudge bronzy cream shadow over your eyelids, then dust taupe shadow on top of that and along your lower lash lines.
4. Dot gray liquid liner between the roots of your upper lashes—they’ll look extra full—then smudge it out with a tiny brush. Do a couple swipes of brown mascara.
5. Go with pinky-peach lipstick (like CoverGirl TruShine Lipcolor in Peach Shine, $6, both
Natalie Portman also gave away some of her secrets but focused on hair rather than beauty - She famously had it shaved for V for Vendetta, and the growing-out period was killer. “I have naturally curly hair, and when it was really short, I looked like Little Orphan Annie,” she says. Mark Townsend, Matrix celebrity stylist, came to the rescue; he used a tiny flat iron all around for a glam pixie style.
How to get Natalie's Look
1. Work a blob of mousse through wet hair (Townsend used Matrix Vavoom Height of Glam Volumizing Foam, $14), then spritz roots with a volumizer (try Matrix Amplify Root Lifter, $15, matrix.com for salons).
2. Blow-dry hair with a small round brush to give the ends fullness and a bit of bend.
3. Wind two-inch sections from root to tip around a one-inch curling iron. Slide the iron out, then pin the curl up with a duckbill clip. Do your whole head. After 20 minutes take out the clips, flip your head over and brush it out. Flip your head back and you’re done.
Along with her ever changing hairdo, style and super slim body, Victoria Beckham's pout is one of her most famous features. She gives her lips a boost with shining gloss and is a fan of many brands including Bourjois 3D Effect Lip Gloss, Lancome Juicy Tubes and a whole ton of others.
On her skin she uses Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream and covers up any blemishes with a quick slick of YSL Touche Eclat - a big celeb fave which
's Spice Girls buddy, Geri Halliwell, has also been spotted using. Victoria
Along with her other famous features
's ultra tanned look is also a trademark. St. Tropez products help her achieve that bronzed look and she also uses Pout Shimmer Dust, in Magic Mist, to highlight her shoulders, decolletege etc. Victoria
To ensure she has great looking skin Rihanna uses Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick, in Honey. To give a more bronzed glow she uses Bobbi Brown All Over Bronzing Gel and she highlights some areas with Laura Mercier Sun Dust Bronzer.
To bring out her eyes she sometimes uses MAC Eyeshadow, in Mystical Mist and primes her lashes with some waterproof mascara by Cover Girl.
On her lips she uses Cover Girl Sheer and Shiny Lipstick, in Mauve Shine.
Other fave items of Rihanna MAC wipes, Essie Nail Polish, in Wicked - a seductive shade of super dark red, very similiar to Chanel's best selling Rouge Noir shade. Bed Head Texturizing Cream, is one of her hair styling faves.
Click on underlined products to buy
or click here to see our list of make-up used by celebs, a full list for Rihanna will be added soon